What We Collect
Non-Public Information We may collect the following information from you:
- Personal Information that we collect from you at the time of registering as a Registered User on the Website may include the following: your name, gender, phone number, address, email address, preferences, income and other personal likes and choices.
- Financial Information which may include credit card details, debit card details, payment instruction details or other information for the purposes of completing a transaction or payment on the Website.
- Registered Account Information includes all information pertaining to your Registered Account, including your user ID, password, security questions and the likes.
- Registered Account Transaction Information which includes all information pertaining to your Registered Account activity, Services ordered, payments made, orders refunded, cancelled, modified and the like and communications pertaining to the same.
- Navigation Information including information about the pages you visit when availing of the Services, Service Providers viewed by you and the like.
- Communications with third parties or other Users on the Website, including on forums, discussion boards and blogs.
- Log Information which includes technical log information such as your IP address, browser type, location, language, dates and times of visits and other web requests.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
In the event that the User participates in any public forums on the Website, including discussion boards, blogs and comments, then the User acknowledges that all such information disclosed at such times (including Personal Information disclosed, if any) shall be considered Public Information and may be accessed by third parties. We shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such disclosure or use by a third party of information so disclosed.
The User further grants to SHIPPR a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-license able (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights, to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, publish, translate, sublicense, copy, distribute, have distributed, and promote the Public Information in whole or in part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any existing or future media, known or unknown, over such Public Information.
SHIPPR makes no representation as to providing or storing back-up copies of any information submitted to it. The User shall be solely responsible to ensure that the User maintains back-up copies of such information and in the event of the Website malfunctioning or failing for any reason whatsoever (including on account of maintenance), the User may be required to resubmit such information.
Warranty by a User of Information Provided by a User
No User shall provide any false, deceptive or misleading information on the Website or to SHIPPR under any circumstances whatsoever. The User shall also ensure that if there is any change in any information or details provided by a User at the time of creation of a Registered Account or otherwise, the User shall promptly update SHIPPR/Registered Account of such change, as the case may be, and continue to keep all information updated and correct at all times.
A User shall ensure that before posting any information on the Website or submitting the same to SHIPPR, the User has all necessary rights, ownership, authorization or permissions to submit or share such information on the Website or with SHIPPR (including from SHIPPR of Intellectual Property rights in such information, if any), or to otherwise act on behalf of any Person whom the User purports to act on behalf of.
SHIPPR may remove, in its sole discretion and without being obliged to give notice or reasons, any information submitted on the Website in the event that such information does not comply with laws, rules or regulations for the time being in force, or if the same violates SHIPPR’s policies or rights of third party Persons, which otherwise violates or does not comply with the Terms or which SHIPPR deems is otherwise inappropriate.
What We Do With the Information We Collect
We require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the Services agreed to under the Terms and Conditions of Use and improve the quality of Services we provide.
- Your financial information will be used to process payments for Services or other dues to us, where applicable.
- To ensure that you are adhering to the User Agreement.
- Internal record keeping.
- To regulate and manage our relationship with you.
- We may use the information to analyze site usage.
- To comply with applicable laws or requirements.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new Services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided or for displaying advertisement banners relevant to your interests.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the Website layout and experience according to your interests.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Service Providers and other third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- Information of a general nature or information required in connection with the provision of the Services may be revealed to third parties.
- We may use the data in an aggregated/compiled form to produce statistical/demographic analyses for marketing, strategy and other business purposes. However, these will be used in ways that will not be able to identify you. Such aggregated information and results/analyses shall be our property and you will not be entitled to any compensation for the use thereof.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Financial Information - Once a credit card, debit card or other payment transaction has been completed, all credit card, debit card, payment instructions and/or other financial information is moved off-line only to ensure that the credit card, debit card and/or financial information received is not accessible to anyone after completion of the on-line transaction and to ensure the maximum security. However, we shall not be responsible for data theft or any other unauthorized access or use of such information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest or to other third party sites, such as payment gateways. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Non-Public Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Non-Public Information in the following ways:
- You will be given the option to agree to receive information and communications on marketing and promotional offers. If you do not wish to, please make the appropriate choice.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your Non-Public Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- Any withdrawal of consent shall be given to us in writing by letter, or by e-mail with an electronic signature, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that you do not give your consent or subsequently withdraw your consent, we shall have the option of curtailing, restricting or stopping the Services or access to the Website to you without prejudice to our other rights.
- Such withdrawal of consent shall take effect only from the date on which such communication in writing reaches us (“Effective Date”).
- You also acknowledge that we will need a reasonable time of 15 days to delete the information given by you from our records and to ensure that the same is not used further.
Technical Team at SHIPPR Contact Details: email@example.com
We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.